I am NOT a hater of resolutions or written goals. Obviously they can’t be too too ambitious or you’re just setting yourself up for failure, like, don’t bother writing down ‘learn ten languages, travel the world, and cure cancer’ but it never hurt anybody to make a list! And hey, you COULD learn another language this year, and travel somewhere new, and run for the cure, or paint for the cure, or donate or whatever…
It’s a new year, a clean slate, all those things you want to do, you can start now, just WRITE THEM DOWN, pin the list to your wall preferably on your bedroom wall by the light switch or on the back of the bathroom door. And don’t take it down for 365 days, unless you move, and in that case bring it with you wherever you go.
You probably already know this about me but I LOVE LISTS, I am not ashamed to say I am a list pusher, to-do lists, to-make lists, to achieve lists… I have weekly resolutions and monthly goal quotas so why not a new years one too?! It just makes sense!
Last year one of my goals was to create a blog (this blog) and post every single week for an entire year, I think I did pretty well! I only missed a couple weeks here and there and doubled up on other weeks- so yay! Success! Here’s to another year of blogging! and YOU reading it, and us together, dreaming, and achieving…
Here’s what I hope to achieve in 2014!!
* Continue to contribute regularly to Vancouver Weekly
* Do some free lance stuff for other papers/magazines
* Write at LEAST one short story and/or short script PER MONTH for the entire year
* Write some new songs
* Record some songs
* Complete ‘She’s Not Me’ Music Video
* Mess around with Final Cut Pro, and make some fun youtube videos
* Practice Violin regularly (and yes post some videos… finally)
*Start taking lessons again! WOOHOO ♫♪♫♪
*Jam with some new peeps
* Submit nonfiction piece to a bunch of contests
* Get a wicked awesome artsy job… or just ANYTHING outside the hospitality industry…
* READ MORE!!!!
* WRITE MORE!!!
* SING MORE!!! even if it is mostly in the shower 😉
* Keep exercising regularly and weight lifting… a.k.a obtain dream of bulgy biceps
* Submit pitch for crazy8’s 2015
* Continue the exciting adventure that is Chalk With Me, and chalk new messages in new places all year!
* Oh, and, last but not least, TRAVEL, somewhere hot.
What are your goals for 2014?!!? Do Share!
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!! and thank-you for reading!
Also a big thank-you to all of my WordPress, Facebook, Twitter, and Youtube followers who read, liked, and kept coming back for more this year, your support means the world to me.
Heidi J. Loos